Monday, September 7, 2009

Ground ZERO

 




                GROUND ZERO









Surrounded by people,

Yet so alone.

 

Loneliness encases my body

Sinks its malicious fangs in my heart

I bleed internally…

 

Gasping for air

Wishing for breath

Tears fill me up,

And flow out.

 

Eyes a ocean of emptiness

All feelings gone

Rushed out with my tears.

 

It leaves me numb,

Numb to everything

Everything, but pain.

 

And I feel it everywhere

In my head, my hands, my heart…

 

This loneliness is slowly breaking me down

Deteriorating my inner being.

 

I hope and wish for the day

When I can eternally smile

I’ll be lonely no more

No more crying night

No more conscious fights,

But that day,

Feels impossible to reach.

 

I’m at my lowest low

My ground zero

Like Mr. Smith would say

“I’m Y L E N O L…

And if you care at all

That means I’m lonely.”

 

Teddy bear drenched in tears

As are my sheets and pillows

And now, there’s nothing left.

 

Nothing left to cry

Nothing left to do,

But wait and pretend to smile

So no one,

No one suspects.

 

Just smile, laugh and pretend

They all smile back, but to me

It’s all like a ticking time bomb of the Al Qa’ida

I can only pretend for so long

Then I break down,

Again.

 

The vicious circle of loneliness.

 

I’m lonely, hurt, sick, and tired

Missing in action and stuck at my ground zero

I’m buried alive and lost

Under all this emotional debris

So let me ask you this…

Will you come and save me?

No comments: